Thursday, July 3, 2008

Challenge Completed!

I completed my personal goal (no specified number required for the challenge) at the end of June by reading 10 memoirs. Memoirs is one of my favorite genres, so this challenge fit nicely into my desired reading choices. As I was making up my possibilities list, I discovered many others that I have added on my TBR list and look forward to reading them.

Thank you N. Vasillis from In Their Shoes for hosting this challenge!


In Their Shoes Challenge Reads:

The Birthday Party: A Memoir of Survival (Alpert)
The Nazi Officer's Wife: How One Jewish Woman Survived the Holocaust (Beer)
If I Am Missing or Dead: A Sister's Story of Love, Murder, and Liberation (Latus)
A Child Called "It": One Child's Courage to Survive (Pelzer)
My Life as a Furry Red Monster: What Being Elmo Has Taught Me About Life, Love and Laughing Out Loud (Clash)
Blankets (Thompson)
Maus I: A Survivor's Tale (Spiegelman)
A Walk in the Woods: Rediscovering America on the Appalachian Trail (Bryson)
The Lost Boy (Pelzer)
Maus II: A Survivor's Tale (Spiegelman)


Here's my original list of books with links to my thoughts.


Favorites:
The Nazi Officer's Wife (Beer)
A Child Called "It" (Pelzer)
Maus II: A Survivor's Tale (Spiegelman)

Least Favorites:
(these were still okay/good reads)
The Birthday Party (Alpert)
If I Am Missing or Dead (Latus)
My Life as a Furry Red Monster (Clash)

No comments: