Saturday, October 27, 2007

My Picks

There are so many great possibilities for this challenge! Because the rules allow me to choose the number of books I read, I've decided to list all the titles I'd like to read - and then we'll see how far I get!

Note: I will be cross-listing my "In Their Shoes" picks with the Triple 8 Challenge (in - surprise, surprise - my "In Their Shoes" category). Because I have to read eight books in each category to complete that challenge, I am committed to read at least eight of these titles in 2008.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Alison,
I also have Amy Grant and Michael J. Fox on my list!! I think the Lois Lowry might be added to mine. I think that would go good with all the Newbery Award books of hers that I'll be reading as well. I also have my In Their Shoes category in the 888 challenge lol.

Bybee said...

wow, Alison, what a list!!! I'm doing the "I'm not worthy" bow! Also, you've given me a nudge to finalize my own list and post it. Thanks!

Vasilly said...

Nice list. I've read "I know why the caged bird sings" already. I tried to read Grace (Eventually), but couldn't get into it. I already read "Traveling Mercies" by Lamott and loved it. I have "Animal, Vegetable, Miracle" and "Living History" on my bookshelves now.

Anonymous said...

It amazes me how many of us are interested in the same books. I was quite surprised to see On A Blue Day on your list. I teach Psychology and I lecture about Daniel in my class ;) I am looking forward to reading your reviews!

alisonwonderland said...

it's going to be fun to compare notes with those who are reading some of the same books i am!

bybee: i sincerely doubt i'm going to get through the whole list next year - but i'm excited to at least get a good start on it!